Monday, March 14, 2016

"The Gold Mine"

Heyoo,
 
This week was an awesome week! Last Monday we went and saw the Petronas twin towers! They are so tall it's crazy! This week Elder Nielson from the quorum of the seventy, who is also the head of the mission department for the entire church, toured our mission! He was awesome! He shared with us some really cool things about the Atonement and the enabling power of it! At the training I received a lot of personal revelation and comfort from the spirit. He also introduced to us a way to improve, which Elder Avery and I will be working on this week. He taught us about the "gold mine" which is the less actives of the branch. All the less actives have non member friends and family and at the same time, we will be helping them come back to church. So Elder Avery and I will be visiting a lot of less actives this week. 
 

My faith in the Atonement has increased a lot as a result of Elder Nielsons training. The insights and things he shared were very personal to me and met a lot of my needs. During the training, I was so blown away at how perfect the Atonement and the doctrine of Christ is. I always knew it was perfect but Elder Nielson helped me to re-strengthen that testimony and increase my faith in it. It is now time for me to turn that faith into action. I feel like my obedience has been lacking. Not because I'm doing anything wrong, but I feel like I could be more "exactly obedient." Elder Avery and I have reassessed our obedience and identified things we can fix (such as shorter weekly planning's) to become more "exactly obedient." I feel that I will feel a lot better about myself as I do so knowing that I'm doing literally everything the Lord is asking me to do.

This week I had a cool experience. Elder Avery and Elder Riddle had to go to East Malaysia for MLC so I went on exchanges with Elder Nevili Pei. We worked in his area. While in Subang we went and contacted a referral they had received. It ended up being the wrong address and the person who lived there wasn't very interested. The appointment we had an hour after that had been cancelled so we were trying to find something to do. We stopped and said a prayer and asked what to do. After the prayer nothing came to us, but I figured we had to do something rather then just sit around and wait for Heavenly Father to tell us where to go. So we went and talked to every single person we could see in this neighborhood. After about an hour of doing that, Elder Nevili Pei was tired and needed to sit down and rest for a few minutes. He sat down and called potentials while I read a little bit out of the Book of Mormon. As soon as I closed the book a very strong prompting came into my mind that said "Get to the bus stop now." So I immediately got up and hustled to the bus stop. As I walked there I kind of questioned if it was my own thoughts but decided to have faith that it was the spirit. When I got to the bus stop there were about 30 people there in which all of them but one were Malay. So I talked to her but it didn't feel right and in the middle of our conversation her phone rang and she walked off. Then I turned around and saw this girl that I didn't see before, hunched over on the bench looking like she was having a hard time. So I went straight over to her. I began talking to her but she couldn't talk back because she was very sick. Her throat was hurting and she was having a hard time speaking. So the first thing I did with her was offer a prayer. She was very thankful and we both could feel the spirit. I then continued to talk to her where I ended up sharing the first vision with her and I could feel the spirit so strong. She was so thankful and we set up to meet with her tonight (Monday) at 7. I am kind of sad though because she is not in my area, so I wont see her again until she's on the weekly email when she gets baptized ;)

 
Well that's all I've got time for. I love you guys and am so thankful for all the prayers, the fasting and the support you all are giving me, I think its working ;) Love you all have a great week!

-Elder Schwemmer
 
 
These are my boys from Nigeria!




This little kid is legit!

 
This is my lil buddy from Myanmar!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 


 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment