Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Happy Valentines Day!

This week was a great week! My sickness carried on for a few days and made the days hard to get through but I am finally better now. I am so excited to be serving with Elder Avery! He is so awesome! He is just a big fun ball of energy.


New companion Elder Avery!
 Every single morning the second the alarm goes off he is singing a song about ducks. Also this morning the second the alarm went off, he tried to strangle me so I kicked him in the knee cap and we wrestled, then for morning exercise I dressed up like Moses and chased around the other Elders with my PVC pipe. Haha things get weird around here now, but its super fun lol. He loves serving as much as I do and I'm excited to go hard this transfer. This week my faith in the Temple has increased. We went to a member named brother C*** house. After dinner we sat down to share a message and he ended up pulling out a ton of things and research he had done about the Temple. With the little time we had he showed us some really cool things he learned and it helped my faith grow in the Temple and the divinity of it. I just love how much the restored gospel has to offer. We have everything in its entirety and fullness. How blessed we are to be missionaries and full time messengers of the truth.




Moving in Elder Avery's things!
This weeks we had a couple cool miracles. One of our investigators is a S*** from India. He is a very kind humble guy. We love teaching him because he keeps every single commitment. The only problem is his English is terrible. He comes to church every Sunday and tries to read out of the Book of Mormon and pray, but we weren't to sure of how much he was understanding and if he really knew what we are trying to do so we were considering dropping him. But, yesterday we met with him and he told us something cool. So he was supposed to have an arranged marriage in India in a couple weeks. We were asking him about that to see how things were going. His response was surprising. He told us that its no more, the marriage is called off. And we were like "oh why's that?" and he said he told her that he's a Christian now and follows Jesus Christ. His future wife didn't like that and didn't want to marry a Christian, so the wedding was called off. Way cool! Our other miracle was just yesterday. The other day we met this guy on the street and as I was talking to him I had no idea what I was saying because I feel like everything I was saying was super guided. I just opened my mouth and words flowed out. Yesterday we met with him and he is so solid! He already has very strong faith and he mentioned that he is looking for something more, he feels like there is more to Christianity than he already has. We can fix that, haha. It was an awesome lesson, way powerful and he is eager to be baptized and discover more of the truth. Finding prepared people is so awesome. It makes the countless rejections worth it.

One of our members, sister S***, is so awesome. She's like the Sister Chris of Puchong. We have this investigator who is eager to learn about the church and her personality matches perfectly with sister S***. So we brought sister s*** teaching with us and they clicked perfectly!! They are like best friends now! There have been a couple nights where our investigator calls sister s*** on the phone to ask her questions about the church and they talk for hours! And just the other night sister s*** and her family invited J*** and her family over for dinner. The members here are so great. They are incredible at fellow-shipping. 


Thank you all for your awesome support. I love you all! Happy Valentines day!!!

-Elder Schwemmer


 






No comments:

Post a Comment