Monday, August 1, 2016

父亲节快乐!

大家好!

Whats up yall! This week was another great week in Sibu! Nothing unique or special happened this week except that I crashed my bike twice in one day haha. The first time it was raining and I was being a dare devil and doing stunts. I went off a jump landed it and then rode in a serpentine maneuver and my tires slipped and I skid and crashed. Right in front of 2 Malay women hahaha. Then the next one I just wasn't paying attention and I rode off the road. 

This week for investigators has been good. We don't have as many people to work with as we'd like but we are trying as hard as we can. Chinese people are SO HARD to work with. They are not open to change. Especially the Methodists! Basically everyone here is Methodist and their preachers talk crap on us and bag on the Mormons. Its just like the great and spacious building :) But we are working with one man who is amazing! His name is V***. I think I have mentioned him before. He is one of the most sincere Chinese people I have ever worked with. This week we met with him and had one of the best lessons I've had on my mission. We are helping him to quit smoking by developing faith in Jesus Christ and his atonement. He is so humble and I am confident that the lord will work in him and change his heart. I have never loved any Malaysian more then I have V***. He is progressing well and our relationship with him is one that I hope will never be lost throughout my life. Also he has the cutest dog I have ever seen in my entire life.

Well that's all for this week. Happy fathers day to all you wonderful fathers out there! I am grateful for my own father and the example he has set for me in working hard and enduring trials. I am also grateful for a Father in heaven who loves me perfectly. I hope you all will appreciate him and your earthly fathers this day as well!

Love,
Elder Schwemmer




"This guy was selling live turtles to eat! I was so close to buying one!"


Elder Schwemmer and Elder Grant!



Indoor soccer!


No comments:

Post a Comment